About Lea's Foundation

In 1998, Lea Michele Economos, a young woman who died of leukemia at the age of 28, made a dying wish to her parents that others would not face the hardships she encountered by finding a cure for this disease. Her family started this charity to carry on that wish. Today, Lea’s Foundation takes an active role in finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s lymphoma and myeloma and to better the lives of people living with these diseases. At the UCONN Health Center, the Lea’s Foundation Center for Hematologic Disorders sponsors research in this field. A new program covers the cost of bone-marrow testing to help recruit life-saving transplants for patients. Also, annual scholarships are given to children with leukemia who are planning to attend nursery school. For more information on other projects carried out by Lea’s Foundation, please visit their website at www.LeasFoundation.org.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Knives, Bats, New Tats: A Reflection

This trip was a once in a lifetime experience and I will carry it with me for the rest of my life. Every day brought new challenges and unique adventures. 

I am so grateful to have shared this experience with Nate and Melina who were supportive and amazing friends throughout the seven weeks that we were together all of the time. I'd like to thank them for putting up with my shenanigans and malarkey at pretty much all times.  

I'd also like to thank everyone who supported us throughout the journey including friends, family, and those we met on the road. Your encouragement and support made this trip possible. 

I'd like to think that this trip has changed me for the better. I put a lot of thought into how I would permanently mark my body in honor of this trip and below is the final product.

That's my calf.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate  DR AKHIGBE,my name is LAURIE HUGHES . I will never stop testifying DR AKHIGBE. Happiness is all I see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR AKHIGBE did it for me. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I have spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from church to church, hospitals have been my home every day. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this fateful day,  I saw a testimony on how DR AKHIGBE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and i did, behold I was free from the deadly disease,till now no HIV in me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now,all the testimony of DR AKHIGBE is true  please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or you can whats App his mobile number on +2348142454860  He can also cure these diseases like HIV and AIDS HERPES,DIABETICS,CANCER, HEPATITIS B,CHRONIC DISEASES, ASTHMA, HEART DISEASES, EXTERNAL INFECTION, EPILEPSY, STROKE, INSOMNIA,  MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,GOUT,  NAUSEA,VOMITING OR DIARRHEA, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, STOMACH DISEASES,  KAWASAKI DISEASES, HALITOSIS, LUPUS,ECZEMA,BACK PAIN,JOINT PAIN.  VIGOUR.ETC .please email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or whats APP him  ..+2349010754824.  He is a real good and honest man.  
    website...  https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete